principal of KTA Wemmel
Herman SIEBENS former principal of Sint-Barbaracollege, Ghent and
founder & former chairman Flemish Network for Business Ethics
member of the executive committee (board) of the European Business Ethics Network, EBEN
member of the board of the School Network on Quality, SOQ
author on business management and ethics, and on school management and ethics
Herman Siebens (1958) has a lot of experience in teaching business ethics. He also worked as a member of staff of a Flemish union of business managers and as a private consultant in the educational sector and business. Actually he serves as the principal at the KTA Wemmel, school for hotel, sports and tourism near Brussels. He founded the Flemish Network for Business Ethics in 1993 and staid as the chairman until 2005. On the European level he is a member of EBEN since 1992. In 2002 he is elected as member of the executive committee (the board), in which he was the honorary secretary and actually the treasurer.
He presented papers on several occasions, in and outside Belgium.He published several books, most of them in Dutch, and articles, some of them in English.
Topics a/o: stress at work, responsible schoolmanagement, participation, corporate governance, quality care, meeting techniques, leadership. He always addresses topics and issues critically from an ethical point of view. A/o as a teacher he created a methodology, based on the stakeholder-approach, to analyse cases.
• advanced master's degree business ethics at Catholic Univerity of Louvain, Belgium, 1996, with prof. Johan Verstraeten as promoter (topic: stress at work)
• working on two PhD’s, about school ethics (UA, Antwerp) and about the CSR-concept (Erasmus University, Rotterdam)
• teacher in business ethics for about 15 years - first project on business ethics in secondary schools in Flanders
• 3 years member of staff of VKW (the association of Christian employers in Flanders), that gave a broad contact with business
• professional activity today: principal of KTA, Wemmel
• member of EBEN since 1992; member of the executive committee (board) since 2002
• founder and former chairman of the Flemish Network for Business Ethics (since 1994)
• member of the board of the organisations Jemp, Zit Stil, Hefboom, SOK
• author of several books and articles
• speaker on several national and international conferences; a/o: presentations on several EBEN-conferences
• organiser and co-organiser of several European conferences and Summer Schools on management
Bij mjpublishing verscheen van Herman SIEBENS:
• Gastheerschap in de horeca: Verantwoord Ondernemen in de horeca, duurzaamheid – veiligheid – milieu en hygiëne